-(1ATR)-
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AA3 first contact

+7
-(1ATR)-soldier_d00d
1ATRCOOPER
-(1ATR)-KILLemALLLL
Cooper
-1ATR-Bear
GumpGI
-(1ATR)-ab4hl6
11 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

AA3 first contact Empty AA3 first contact

Post  -(1ATR)-ab4hl6 Thu Jun 18, 2009 1:00 am

Well ,it is out and have been trying to play. The training seems to be very similar to AA2/x. Trouble is the Auth servers are so busy they can not store your completion levels. I have spectated some of the new maps (I actually find them less realistic than 2.x more smoothy cartoon like. Will give you updates as I get more frustrated. Maybe Gump can post I know he was playing. scratch
-(1ATR)-ab4hl6
-(1ATR)-ab4hl6

Number of posts : 76
Registration date : 2008-02-16

Back to top Go down

AA3 first contact Empty Re: AA3 first contact

Post  GumpGI Thu Jun 18, 2009 5:14 pm

I experienced my first trainning with AA 3. Mad I think the servers might have been overloaded, it took me atleast 6 times to do the obsticle course in which i passed on the first time. Still doing trainning so hopefully it gets better with time. scratch
GumpGI
GumpGI

Number of posts : 83
Registration date : 2008-02-13

Back to top Go down

Post  -1ATR-Bear Thu Jun 18, 2009 6:27 pm

Just started playing with the training BUT even if we do pass, we'll have to do it again once we can log in?! (yes, I'm asking because I don't know).

Also, on the shooting range, i'm getting a strange static in the sky, reminds me of snow/fuzz on TV when you are tuned to a dead channel. I can kind of see past it but all targets down range are behind the static and hard to see. Anyone else having this problem?

-Bear
-1ATR-Bear
-1ATR-Bear

Number of posts : 123
Registration date : 2008-02-15

http://www.vjworkshops.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  Cooper Thu Jun 18, 2009 7:09 pm

-1ATR-Bear wrote:
and hard to see. Anyone else having this problem?

-Bear

Nah, you prob need some glasses Bear lol! edit: read well or else u might be reading:
Nah, you prob need some glasses of beer lol!

Last edited by Chevy on Thu Jun 18, 2009 8:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Cooper
Cooper
Admin

Number of posts : 337

Back to top Go down

Post  Cooper Thu Jun 18, 2009 7:40 pm

Cooper
Cooper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Cooper Thu Jun 18, 2009 8:21 pm

Hi all, We hope you have enjoyed Aemricas Army 3.

We have to do some emergency maint in Chicago, as DFG was slammed with a TON more AA3 servers than we were expecting. We have new servers online now, and need to move some people around to balance the load. I will do this as quickly as possible, but we keep having crashes in Chicago, because the load is just to high. I hope you understand, and have a few hours of patience with us.

yeah , thats fun playing lol!
Cooper
Cooper
Admin

Back to top Go down

AA3 first contact Empty Fuz and stuff

Post  -(1ATR)-ab4hl6 Thu Jun 18, 2009 9:29 pm

I have seen that Bear on some graphics cards on AAO2.x it kind looks like big fluffy snow flakes. Could be your graphics card is not up to par, lol or it is an ATI card!Q!!!!!!!! lol!
It does track your training off line and when you have completed the training you will not have to redo it it will update when the AP server is back up. That said you can not really do any thing until training is done. As long as AP server is jammed you can not get into game. But just like AAO 2.x you can play any game that the server allows your experience level you just can not use the weapons available. It will restrict you to using only the weapon qualified so until that weapon or weapons are open you will not be able to play.

It is funny the Alley maps is unbelievably good graphics but the Ranch map is kind of cartoon like to me and not as good as AA2.

Some of the back ground things seem to be great others really bad.
-(1ATR)-ab4hl6
-(1ATR)-ab4hl6

Back to top Go down

Post  -1ATR-Bear Fri Jun 19, 2009 7:32 am

Ok, got it (as it turned out, I had not reserved my ATR name yet - done), I'm able to log in. And, I'm able to click the Enlist button to begin training with no issues. However, the snow is still there - Graphics Card, Yuk! Thanks AB - I'm sure that's it.

Any recommendations? And yes, I have an ATI installed.

Thanks,

-Bear
-1ATR-Bear
-1ATR-Bear

Back to top Go down

Post  -(1ATR)-KILLemALLLL Fri Jun 19, 2009 9:41 am

LOL I finally got all my training done.... Took my medic 5 times in a row.. cheers So if you need healed just give ol "TOP" a shout.. After training for Medic 5 times in a row, "I'll have you healed before I even get to ya Shocked
-(1ATR)-KILLemALLLL
-(1ATR)-KILLemALLLL

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2009-02-24

Back to top Go down

Post  -(1ATR)-ab4hl6 Fri Jun 19, 2009 3:07 pm

I have not seen it on a lot of cards Bear only the Chromium 3D. LOL and it is not an ATI that was a joke. But if I remember right it is a combination of the shader, DirectX and DirectX opengl calls. So first instict would be that it is just on the edge of being compatible shader wise, the rest should be OK with a better card. If you have a few extra bucks get and ATI or NVidia card with shader 3. 8000 series NVidia GT better than GS. Not sure about ATI but equivalent
-(1ATR)-ab4hl6
-(1ATR)-ab4hl6

Back to top Go down

Post  Cooper Fri Jun 19, 2009 3:49 pm

ATI 1950 pro and higher do the job asswell
Cooper
Cooper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  -1ATR-Bear Sat Jun 20, 2009 4:59 pm

Before I break something...

Like my computer or worst, the card (and can't return it) I'd like some feedback.

Will I break something if I install my new card (just bought, not unpacked yet...)?

I have current an ATI x1900 512MB
I bought EVGA GTX260 896MB

I know it will fit in the PCI express slot and has the two DVI ports that I need but, I'm still afraid I'm going to break something.

And... can I just pop it into the vacant PCIe slot once I take the old one out or do I need to install a driver?

Thoughts?

-Bear
-1ATR-Bear
-1ATR-Bear

Back to top Go down

Post  Cooper Sat Jun 20, 2009 5:17 pm

Bear, if its a PCI-e card , yes it will fit in the slot, it only breaks when you do it from a distance or with a hammer.

And as for the driver: yes you will need a driver but after putting in the card and a start of the pc, then put in you cd/dvd that comes with the card.

It wont break by installing anything, once its in your pc and pc is closed you can only break it by smashing the pc on the ground lol!

edit: yes remove your old card before you put this new one in, the new one can in what ever pci-e slot you want it to go in
Cooper
Cooper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  GumpGI Sun Jun 21, 2009 6:05 am

Ok. A good thing just happend. AA3 decided to bypass all the trainning except Roadhouse trainning. I got this on my facebook. Quote from AA3 "Within the next couple of hours we'll be updating everyone's statistics to indicate all training levels have been passed. This will allow you to enter a server and enjoy the full range of Soldier weaponry and abilities. Please read the full announcement on the Discussion Board " lots
GumpGI
GumpGI

Number of posts : 83

Back to top Go down

Post  Cooper Sun Jun 21, 2009 8:13 am

GumpGI wrote: Quote from AA3 "Within the next couple of hours we'll be updating everyone's statistics to indicate all training levels have been passed. This will allow you to enter a server and enjoy the full range of Soldier weaponry and abilities. Please read the full announcement on the Discussion Board " lots

So... they know themselfes now to that they sucked bigtime with this to early release, yeah its one way to give the Auth servers a break lol and stopping all players spamming them that the game sucks lol!
Cooper
Cooper
Admin

Back to top Go down

AA3 first contact Empty What Chevy said.

Post  -(1ATR)-ab4hl6 Sun Jun 21, 2009 5:15 pm

A couple of things,
Do not run around house with Nylon socks on carpet before installing the new card (static number one killer of graphics cards).
Remove the screw holding the card in. Pull out the old card and insert the new card in the PCI-E slot the pther card came out of. put the screw back in. Smile
With an Nvidia card you have to install the driver. You can doe this from the CD that comes with the card, or the best way is to go to http://www.nvidia.com and click on Driver Downloads it will take yopu to a page that will allow you to select your card and OS, dl the suggestion and then install. If you have Vista or Win7 remember to install ass administrator (right click on icon and select run as Administartor).

Just remember though your new GPU could keep coffee warm it is not a good idea. Laughing
-(1ATR)-ab4hl6
-(1ATR)-ab4hl6

Back to top Go down

AA3 first contact Empty Update on AA3

Post  -(1ATR)-ab4hl6 Sun Jun 21, 2009 5:19 pm

Auth is now working I am getting the points and training levels. Smile But PB is now down and I think this is partly what causes the lag in the game. Sad
Played with dood and I think he was having the same problems. It would be nice if every thing worked and ran well.
Not to many maps 5 in all but they have at least 3 different modes you can play them in.

More to come.
-(1ATR)-ab4hl6
-(1ATR)-ab4hl6

Back to top Go down

AA3 first contact Empty Frezzing aa3

Post  1ATRCOOPER Sun Jun 21, 2009 8:44 pm

http://forum.americasarmy.com/viewtopic.php?t=299457&page=1

This worked for me, I was able to get on a server x2. I cant think why Chev did not fix this sooner, LOL... Very Happy
1ATRCOOPER
1ATRCOOPER
Admin

Number of posts : 295

http://www.bagfiller.com

Back to top Go down

Post  -(1ATR)-soldier_d00d Mon Jun 22, 2009 2:02 pm

Living my sheltered life of mostly ES2 Border and Snakeplain, I had almost forgotten how many retards and noobs play this game... madley

The lag is freaking atrocious, but thinking back it is probably no worse than AA2 each time a new release came out and everything was laggy.

I can't tell enemies from friends half the time... ter

Most of the servers are overfull, or empty because they're screwed.

Sometimes even after you are on a team when it is time to spawn the server tells you that there was not enough room for you to play this round. AA3 first contact Sign0094

Sometimes you spawn with the wrong weapon and no ammo for it. wank

In the game menus you can click all you want, but the game rolls some kind of internal dice to decide whether to take your click or not.

That being said, my son and I were able to get 90 minutes or so in on a Pipeline server last night, and except for the above, it was actually fun. Sorta. I guess.

Last edited by -(1ATR)-soldier_d00d on Tue Jun 30, 2009 11:04 pm; edited 1 time in total

-(1ATR)-soldier_d00d

Number of posts : 79
Registration date : 2008-09-12

Back to top Go down

AA3 first contact Empty The new news

Post  -(1ATR)-ab4hl6 Mon Jun 22, 2009 4:20 pm

Auth is not really fixed it just allows people to auth there basic training then it will not update, they are working on it but may be a while at least we can play with certified weapons.
As dood said find it very laggy at times also because there is no PB seems to be a lot of cheating going on. Some servers are way better than others (lol now thats new Smile ). I also find that sometimes nades do not go off, one time I pulled the pin and it then threw my saw. I would like to add friends as favorites but it does not exist. The biggest thing now is the servers that will not launch (worse they take forever to go back to menue which takes way to long to refresh servers). The servers you log in to then they crash.
-(1ATR)-ab4hl6
-(1ATR)-ab4hl6

Back to top Go down

Post  Cooper Mon Jun 22, 2009 9:20 pm

PB is now fully on most servers, time for those who want to play to update PB manually
Cooper
Cooper
Admin

Back to top Go down

AA3 first contact Empty AA3 is fixed with new patch

Post  1ATRCOOPER Wed Jun 24, 2009 6:11 pm

Well a new patch is out and it seems to be fixed. No frezing, all traing
[But not saving} worknig for me and 137+ servers.....

Last edited by 1ATRCOOPER on Thu Jun 25, 2009 6:04 am; edited 1 time in total
1ATRCOOPER
1ATRCOOPER
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  -1ATR-Bear Wed Jun 24, 2009 9:41 pm

Back in business, see you online.
-1ATR-Bear
-1ATR-Bear

Back to top Go down

Post  Cooper Thu Jun 25, 2009 1:02 pm

Looks like they are getting somewhere, here's something I found , thought i put it here, good luck

author=yapple2
This is an announcement to all America's Army 3 Players...

The Server Administrators for America's Army 3.x are looking to turn Punkbuster on for the servers to get the protection and control they need for the servers to keep the gameplay the way it is suppose to be.

For the Server Administrators to turn PB on, all players must manually update Punkbuster on their PC otherwise when you join the server you get stuck on the Team Selection and will not be able to play, then a little bit later you are kicked back to the browser.

Please follow the instructions below immediately to avoid having such issues when Punkbuster is finally enabled on the servers. Yes, you do need to do this as very soon most servers will have Punkbuster enabled and you will run out of places to play otherwise.

First download and install PBSetup from the following location: Evenbalance

Once you have downloaded pbsetup just run it from any location and click "Add a Game".

AA3 first contact Setup1

Depending on delivery method and operating system it will be 1 of 4 paths. When you click "Add a Game" the path found is incorrect so you must browse to locate the "Binaries" folder, DO NOT SELECT "pb" folder as it is created or overwritten.

Paths are as follows
Deploy Client:
x86 (32bit) Windows
C:\Program Files\USArmy\America's Army 3\Binaries
64bit Windows
C:\Program Files (x86)\USArmy\America's Army 3\Binaries

Steam Download
x86 (32bit) Windows
C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\america's army 3\Binaries
64bit Windows
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\america's army 3\Binaries

Again, make sure you have selected the Binaries folder and NOT the pb folder.

AA3 first contact Setup2

After adding the game, click on "Check for Updates".

AA3 first contact Setup3

When in-game, users will also need to click "Enable Punkbuster" on the MBS page America's Army 3.

AA3 first contact Setup4

Cooper
Cooper
Admin

Back to top Go down

AA3 first contact Empty TY........................

Post  1ATRCOOPER Thu Jun 25, 2009 5:22 pm

Thank you for the good info and the Fancy screen shots LOL
Very Happy 1YouareTheManHL5 poke punish
1ATRCOOPER
1ATRCOOPER
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content